New information from Taylor

New information from Taylor

by digby


“William Taylor was an impressive witness and was very damaging to the president.” ~Chris Wallace, Fox News

— Jon Cooper 🇺🇸 (@joncoopertweets) November 13, 2019


Taylor shared a ton of information but this was a new bombshell:
Last Friday a member of my staff told me of events that occurred on July 26. While Ambassador Volcker and I visited the front, a member of my staff accompanied Ambassador Sondland. Ambassador Sondland met with Mr. Yermak. Following that meeting, in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called president Trump and told him of his meetings in Kyiv. The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone asking about the investigations.

Mr. Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward. Following the call with President Trump, the member of my staff asked Ambassador Sondland what President Trump thought about Ukraine. Ambassador Sondland said that President Trump cared more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for. At the time I gave my deposition on October 22nd, I was not aware of this information. I'm including it here for completeness.

So Sondland had Trump's direct line and immediately called him from Ukraine on his cell phone. Setting aside the security implication, it makes it clear that Trump only cared about the bogus "investigations."

I'm sure this person will be deposed and probably will appear at a public hearing. This is more evidence that Trump was directly in the loop which, of course, was never really in dispute.


.