Pardon me, Donald

Pardon me, Donald

by digby




The Roger Stone jury is deliberating as I write this.  And apparently, Stone thinks he's going to be convicted. Karoli Kuns at Crooks and Liars reports:

...Media Matters reports that he turned to his good friend Alex Jones to convey a message to the (so-called) President of the United States: Pardon me.

“Roger Stone’s message is this: He expects to be convicted," said Jones. "He said only a miracle can save him now."

Later Jones quoted Stone directly. "He said to me, ‘Alex, barring a miracle, I appeal to God and I appeal to your listeners for prayer, and I appeal to the president to pardon me because to do so would be an action that would show these corrupt courts that they’re not going to get away with persecuting people for their free speech or for the crime of getting the president elected.’”

Oh! Such victimhood! It oozes.

Jones then took matters into his own hands. “These libtard jurors know damn well he’s innocent," he complained. "But they want to sit there and feel all officious and powerful and send him to prison, hoping for some victory against flyover country that they despite so much, that they’re so angry they don’t have control of.”

I have no doubt that Trump is going to pardon Stone. He has to doesn't he? Stone knows a lot. He also lies. He is also vengeful.

.