GOP Senators are feeling uncomfortable

GOP Senators are feeling uncomfortable



Teensy bits of criticism for Trump from GOP Senators isn't going to make up for their servile boolicking, I'm afraid. But it is a sign that they are feeling a bit uncomfortable about it:

Here's Louisiana Senator John Kennedy, best known for standing on the stage with Trump insulting Nancy Pelosi by saying "it must suck to be that dumb" when Jake Tapper asked him about the president tweeing the identity of the whistleblower:
“With respect to what the president tweeted, well, I have enough trouble paddling my own canoe. But I do agree with Mrs. Trump that — and I’ve suggested before to the White House that if the president would tweet a little bit less, it wouldn’t cause brain damage.”
I don't think I've ever heard that Melania has said he shouldn't tweet so much. Not that he would  listen.

Then there was this from Senator James Lankford of Oklahoma on Face the Nation:
"I don't think that President Trump as a person is a role model for a lot of different youth. That's just me personally. I don't like the way that he tweets, some of the things that he says, his word choices at times are not my word choices. He comes across with more New York City swagger than I do from the Midwest and definitely not the way that I'm raising my kids."
That sounds like pretty weak tea to me but if Bloomberg's research is correct, it's something that does bother people. I'd imagine most of them are women who are jumping off the Trump train five at a time.  Nice of Lankford to help out with that.

Meanwhile, Lindsey Graham told The Daily Beast that he's a little skeptical of Rudy Giuliani's evidence:
“He has not shared any of that information with me. My advice to Giuliani would be to share what he got from Ukraine with the IC to make sure it’s not Russia propaganda. I’m very suspicious of what the Russians are up to all over the world.”
Giuliani responded to his concerns" "It's not Russian propaganda." 

None of these things add up to much. None of those Senators are going to vote to remove him. But it shows they have some discomfort with the latest batshit behavior, the war in the Christian Right and this looney tunes Ukraine conspiracy.  It's not much but when combined with Murkowski and McConnell's statement over the break, it's clear that the pressure is all on their side. 

The Democrats, on the other hand, have just been sitting back, letting them squirm.

This is good. 



We are still running the Happy Hollandaise end-of-year fundraiser. If you would like to support this kind of independent media as we cover what is going to one doozy of a political year, you can do so below.

And thank you so much for reading and supporting my work all these years. I am truly grateful. --- d