Warren is a “visionary implementer.”

Warren is a “visionary implementer.”



That's how Kathleen Geier describes Elizabeth Warren in this excellent profile in In These Times. It's a must-read for all of us who plan to vote in the primaries this year:
If Elizabeth Warren win the Democrtic presidential nomination she will have prevailed against daunting odds. She will have overcome a potentially career-ending scandal (the DNA test debacle) and defeated not only the runner-up in the 2016 Democratic presidential contest, but a popular two-term former vice president. If she defeats President Donald Trump, it would mean an economic populist defeated a corrupt plutocrat, that the most leftwing Democratic presidential nominee in history defeated a racist reactionary, that a woman defeated America’s most famous misogynist. It would be an extraordinarily powerful moment.

Her ambitions for the presidency are not small. Warren proposes to rewrite the rules of the economy by reining in capital, empowering labor and significantly expanding the welfare state.

To understand how Warren would create big structural changes as president, it’s helpful to look at how she has made change in the past.
I have not endorsed anyone and I'm not spending much time proselytizing for any of the candidates in this primary. But I don't think anyone would be surprised to know that I'm a big Warren fan. I have been one for a very long time and I think she would be a wonderful president. If you are interested in her candidacy, I urge you to read this profile. I think you will come away understanding why.

.